Wednesday 16 June 2010

The other love's of my life ......



So ..... I was in London Town recently for the Afro Hair and Beauty Live show at the Business Design Centre in Islington where I was selling and showcasing some of my uber fabulous designs. It's all about MONONOKO baby!!! (For those of you that don't know the official onslaught has begun!! - Yes I thought I'd initially christen my personal blog with some shameless self promo! Ha ha!!)

Anyway - After a successful couple of days filled with selling, networking, fashion shows and extraaa looong lunches with my bro who lives down the road (which consisted of Pink Floyd, The Roots, Bob Dylan, Roots Manuva, Red Hot Chilly Peppers, Crab Cakes, seafood and Spatchcocked poussins) - I caught my brother’s latest production - The mind blowing WAR HORSE - at the New London Theatre, Drury lane. (More to follow on the Brilliantly Talented Thespian that is DAVID ONONOKPONO in forthcoming blogs….)

Following a truly SPECTACULAR visual and emotional treat provided by the excellent cast and life sized puppet horses (created by the same company who created Pullman’s Northern Lights magic) - David and I rolled on down to the Jazz CafĂ© where UK Hip Hop Legend that is TY was busy tearing up Camden with a full live band. It was a perfect end to a perfect day. TY and all the guest Artists were INCREDIBLE. I can't really elaborate further. I guess you had to be there. UK HIP HOP IS DEFINITELY ALIVE AND KICKING!!! Highlights apart from Main Man TY were Erik Rico, Obenawa and a girl I happened to spot wearing a T-shirt with my unofficial motto emblazoned across it. Naturally I HAD to take a picture!!

Beats, Boys and Baking - The OTHER Love’s in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment